Aruba Forums     Aruba Webcams     Site Map

Essentials - Entry and Customs

Travel to Aruba from the USA, Canada, South America, Europe and the Caribbean is available via most major carriers, either non-stop or with convenient connections. A current passport is required. American, Canadian, and EU citizens do not require visas, nor do most South Americans: e.g. Colombia & Venezuela.

A tourist is defined as someone who travels to Aruba for one of the following purposes: vacation and relaxation, sport, health reasons, family matters, study, religious purposes or a business visit. During their stay in Aruba tourists are not allowed to work.

Upon arrival in Aruba a tourist must have:
  • A passport that is valid upon entry and for the duration of stay in Aruba. If the tourist holds a passport from a visa required country (list A), he must have a valid visa sticker in his passport
  • A completely filled-in and signed Embarkation and Disembarkation card (ED-card)
  • A valid return or onward ticket
  • The necessary documents for returning to the country of origin or to a country that he has the right to enter, for example a valid residence permit (temporary or permanent), a re-entry permit or an entry visa
  • If so requested, the tourist has to be able to prove to the satisfaction of the imigration officer that he has a valid reservation for an accommodation in Aruba (e.g. hotel or apartment) or that he owns property in Aruba (a residence, condominium, apartment, timeshare apartment or a pleasure yacht moored in Aruba with a length of at least 14 meters measured on the water line)
  • If so requested, the tourist has to be able to prove to the satisfaction of the imigration officer to dispose of adequate financial means to provide for hotel expenses (if applicable) and living expenses during his stay or that he has a declaration of guarantee from a legal resident of Aruba.

The final authorization for admission to Aruba remains with imigration officer at the port of entry. The imigration authorities at the port of entry have the authority to grant or refuse admission. Admission can be refused if not all admission requirements are fulfilled by the time of entering Aruba or if the individual has been blacklisted.

The maximum period of time that a person can be admitted to Aruba as a tourist is in principle 30 days. The total amount of days a person can stay in Aruba as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year. Upon entry in Aruba, certain persons can apply for an extension of their stay for more than 30 days but not more than 180 days.

For detailed information about visas or entry requirements that may apply to your particular situation, please see Detailed Entry Requirements

These requirements are subject to change without notice.

Import regulations
Free import by non-residents older than 15 years (residents may import half the duty free quantities). If more is imported the whole quantity is charged a duty.
  • 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars
  • 1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer
  • Gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.00
  • No restrictions on perfume
  • The importation of leather articles from Haiti is not advisable
  • If the total value of the goods per passenger exceeds AWG 500.00, declaration should be made on customs forms and cleared at the freight department

Pets and Animals
Cats, dogs, parrots and parakeets must be accompanied by a certificate of good health from a veterinarian issued within 14 days of arrival. Dogs and cats must have a rabies vaccination certificate issued within 30 days of arrival on Aruba. Dogs, cats and parrots from South America and monkeys from the South American continent are prohibited import or transit through Aruba.
Important: Many hotels & resorts do not accept pets. Check the pet policy at your chosen hotel.

Currency Import Regulations:
There are no import restictions on local (Aruban Florin-AWG) and foreign currencies except Dutch and Surinam silver are prohibited.

Currency Export Regulations:
There are no restrictions on local (Aruban Florin-AWG) and foreign currencies but travellers bound for the United States must declare cash and/or negotiable paper in excess of US$10,000 at United States Customs.